We’ve all heard the saying “content is king.” But what does that mean, exactly?
In today’s digital age, content is more important than ever before. Whether you’re a small business or a Fortune 500 company, you need to have a strong content strategy if you want to succeed online.
And one of the most important aspects of any content strategy is authenticity.
Even though digital marketing has become more and more popular, digital marketers need a new strategy that revolves around providing customers with valuable information they will actually engage with.
The human-to-human interaction in content marketing is what makes it successful. Businesses need to stop pushing for mere existence, and start focusing on providing users with messages they find valuable enough so that trust can be established between them–and the business.
What is authentic content?
Authentic content is simply content that’s real and relatable. It’s not contrived or fake; it’s genuine and honest.
Authentic content is a valuable and necessary tool in today’s digital age. It can help you connect with your audience on an emotional level, which makes it much easier for them to buy from or trust whatever product they may be interested in buying.
It is a new way for brands to build trust with their audience. It’s a communication that feels seamless and natural, just like real-life interactions do on social media sites like Facebook or Instagram.
Why is authenticity so important?
In a world where we’re bombarded with marketing messages and ads at every turn, authenticity is one of the things that can help your content stand out. People are more likely to trust and engage with content that feels real and genuine.
Authentic content also has the power to build relationships. When you’re transparent and honest with your audience, they’re more likely to trust you and feel like they have a connection with you. This is especially important if you’re selling products or services.
According to the research of Oberlo, around 86% of consumers say authenticity is important when deciding which brands they like and support, and 46 percent of consumers say that they would pay more to purchase from brands they can trust.
Examples of authentic content:
THE NEW YORK TIMES “36 HOURS” SERIES
One great example of authentic content is The New York Times “36 Hours” series.
In this series, the Times’ travel writers go to a new city and spend 36 hours exploring it. They eat at local restaurants, visit popular tourist attractions, and talk to locals to get a feel for the city.
REI’s #OptOutside CAMPAIGN
Another example of authentic content is REI’s #OptOutside campaign.
This campaign encourages people to get outside and enjoy nature, and it’s a great example of how a brand can create content that aligns with its values.
DOVE’S BEAUTY CAMPAIGNS are some of the most iconic examples of authentic content. Through its “Real Beauty” and “Campaign for Real Beauty” campaigns, Dove has shown that it’s more than just a soap company – it’s a brand that cares about empowering women and celebrating all types of beauty. These are just a few examples of authentic content.
Benefits of Authentic Content
The best way for marketers to maintain their brand’s authenticity and integrity is by paying close attention to not just what information to provide, but also how it’s delivered.
Here are some benefits of making your content authentic:
- Builds trust: authentic content can help you build trust with your audience. If your content is real and genuine, people will be more likely to trust you and engage with you.
- Relatable: authentic content can make you more relatable. If your audience can see that you’re a real person with real problems and challenges, they’ll be more likely to connect with you and your message.
- Unique: authentic content can help you stand out from the competition. In today’s noisy online world, it’s more important than ever to create content that cuts through the clutter. If your content is authentic, it will be more likely to capture attention and make an impact.
- Long-term success: authentic content can lead to long-term success. If you build trust and relationships with your audience through your content, they’ll keep coming back for more. And that can lead to lasting success for your business.
- Customer retention: authentic content can also help you increase customer retention rates. If your customers feel like they know and trust you, they’re more likely to stick around.
How to create authentic content
- The best way to create authentic content is to focus on your audience and what they want to see. Talk to them, listen to them, and learn about their needs and wants. Once you understand what they’re looking for, you can create content that resonates with them on a deeper level.
- Another way to create authentic content is to be transparent and honest. Don’t try to hide anything or sugarcoat the truth. Be open and honest with your audience.
- Focus on creating quality content. Don’t just churn out a bunch of low-quality content. Take the time to create something great that your audience will love.
- Don’t be afraid to show some personality in your content. Being human and relatable goes a long way in the world of content marketing. So go ahead and add a little humor, share your opinion, or just be yourself. It’ll make your content more enjoyable to read and will help you connect with your audience on a deeper level.
Remember, authenticity is key if you want your content to be successful. So focus on creating messages that resonate with your audience and be transparent, honest, and relatable. It’s worth the effort and will pay off in the long run.
If your business needs help creating quality authentic content, pay a visit to Spade Marketing!